JH Global Services, Inc DBA Star Electric Vehicles is looking to fill an immediate opening a Business Development Manager. We are a rapidly growing manufacturer and distributor of Star Electric Vehicles which includes products from Golf Carts and Street Legal (LSV) Cars to Multi passenger buses. We offer a competitive compensation package that rewards growth of the Star brand. A competitive salary, medical benefits, year-end bonus, 401K are all included for this position.
Title: Business Development Manager
Designated Territory: Northeast Region
Location: Simpsonville, SC
Required Languages: English
Is the key point of contact for authorized dealers and strategic accounts, responsible for sales growth and business development, develops and maintains forecasts, aligns inside support and feeds competitive information and new product ideas using assessment and innovation tools to designated territory. Implements approved strategies and tactics to grow overall sales revenue and market share. The position is responsible for successful implementation of commercial marketing and sales programs.
1. Manage dealer relationships for aggressive profitable growth to include, but not limited to:
a. For all dealers
i. Understanding of dealership business drivers.
ii. Faultless execution of new product launches.
iii. Implementation of approved promotional programs.
iv. Differentiating our products from competition utilizing product and non-product factors.
v. Confirming and inputs customer orders for vehicles
vi. Categorizing dealers and implementing appropriate protocols to assist them in growing
vii. Assuring consistent high level of capabilities to serve and develop customers, and to increase market share.
b. For “A” Dealers (usually up to 20 high revenue producers and high potentials)
i. Developing relationships at all levels within their organizations.
ii. Understanding dealer’s value propositions, market share and business mix
iii. Measuring dealer performance and implementing performance improvement programs for new equipment and services.
iv. Taking an active role in coaching and training dealer personnel and evaluating competencies in the support of our products and services.
v. Participating in high value dealer sales events.
2. Analyze channel and market, and develop plans to increase dealer penetration.
3. Be a product expert and provide the necessary level of technical expertise to channels and end-market customers.
4. Coordinate internal departments and resources as necessary to resolve problems involving quality, delivery, pricing, product specifications, reporting and warranties.
5. Collect and report trends and strategies of competitors to company leaders.
6. Actively conduct, seek out, and participate in both formal/informal training opportunities.
7. Continual updating and utilization of company Customer Relationship Management program (SAP) with information on each call.
8. Develop and update a monthly forecast of top vehicle SKUs.
9. Effective prevention and resolution of conflict within and across the sales channels.
10. Improve usage of ordering and support tools.
11. Create and present annual plan and required reports
Percentage of Travel: 25%, seasonally up to 50% per month at maximum
Min. Yrs. Experience: 5 years preferred, 3 years minimum
Education Standard: 4-year college degree preferred
Education Type: Marketing, Finance, Business or Engineering
Candidates Should Possess the Following Proven Characteristics or Values:
1. Economic value selling and ability to sell solutions and services beyond products to achieve financial goals.
2. Channel management and increased dealer penetration.
3. Strong work-ethic and commitment to team environment
4. Self starter, ability to function independently without daily close management.
5. Strong written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal relationship skills.
6. Well-organized relative to time and territory management, and associated administrative functions. Ability to prioritize and work the necessary hours to effectively completes the job responsibilities.
7. Responsible handling of expenses, computers, tools, and other company assets.
8. Knowledge of small task oriented vehicle markets, products and applications.
9. Proficient in computer related skills and Microsoft Office, SAP and Video Conferencing.
10. Integrity and Trust; Leadership; Decision Making; Innovative Change Agent; Team Building; Results Oriented; Business and Financial Acumen.
Other Relevant and Desired Experience.
1. Knowledge of technical products, consumer, resort and industrial settings.
2. Knowledge of multi-channel distribution functions.
3. Competitor analysis.
4. End customer research, e.g., unmet needs
5. Key account leadership.
6. New product development processes.
Location/Region: Simpsonville, SC (US)